Me or Something Like It

musings, opinions, sarcasm

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

principal's office

it looks like i will be going to the principal's office on January 10th to talk about a new job opportunity! On Friday, the principal of my old high school called to tell me that one of the English teachers was retiring in January and that he immediately thought of me as a replacement... well, it just so happens that i went to college with a major in English, concentration in World Literature, and Licensure in Secondary Education. On the other hand, about 5 years ago when i applied for teaching jobs (including one at that same school) and did not get offered one, i started my family instead, and put teaching so far on the back burner it was completely out of the kitchen. so i alight on this new possibility with trepidation as my teaching skills and my lit knowledge could use some dusting off, to say the least. anyway, i am excited because it seems like this could definitely work, financially, schedule-wise, and lit is my passion, plus 2 out of 3 courses would be honors english.... it would be so great to teach honors english....
i'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home