Me or Something Like It

musings, opinions, sarcasm

Friday, May 29, 2009

update and motivation...

well, well, well, if it isn't me... it has been a while and i need to get back on track... i have so many projects to complete this summer... i figure i can sort of keep my self motivated by posting what i am working on and what progress i've made... so, this is a list of the current projects i have in the works or on the drawing board.... here goes:

*a crib quilt to pass along with the bassinet that grandpa made (1930's fabric in a railfence pattern perhaps? i already have the fabric and backing...)

*a quilt for aunt kathy's birthday (aug. 1st) no fabric or pattern yet, but she likes country colors and traditional quilt patterns...


*a quilt for my friend kristin.... she is redoing her bedroom in blues and browns (a personal fave of mine) and she says, "bring on the funk!"... i have fabric but not sure of a pattern yet....


*a quilt for me made from bright batiks.... can't remember the name of the pattern, but i have all the fabric... lots of half square triangles...

*the honeycomb.... i have to add the borders and make my binding before i can have it quilted... but i finally have all the fabric, even the backing for that one!!!


*a one block wonder is on my design wall now... i have to finish piecing the top and add borders... that one is for me, so there is no rush, other than needed my design wall for other projects...
i also have fabric for an attic window and an asian quilt that are for me (i guess) but i haven't gotten around to...


*i just finished a snail trail for me.... i am so greedy with my quilts!!! i just love them!!!

so, that is what i have planned as far as quilting this summer... i also have planted a garden, bigger and a bit more adventurous than the last one i had... unfortunately, it has been pouring ever since i planted it 3 days ago.... so, hopefully, they don't drown and rot.... ugh!
i'm looking forward to a productive weekend and a speedy next three weeks... and then, summer!!!!

click, bye...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home